Friday, July 19, 2013

Flathead River

A few weeks ago Justin and Lexi asked me if I'd like to join a trip on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River.  Well it was a no brainer and I was quickly in the car headed north.  This was a stretch of river I wanted to float for a long time.  Justin and I planned on hiking in 14 miles to Shaffer Meadows while the others flew in with the gear.  The hike was pleasant with a few showers and we reached the meadow shortly after everyone else had.  We set up camp and enjoyed a beautiful night in the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

In the morning we packed up and hit the river.  We spent two days covering 25 miles, running long stretches of class III and IV rapids.  It was a blast and I'm looking forward to the next time I can do a trip like this. 

Justin and I hiking in

 Camp at Shaffer meadows

 Justin and Lexi

 Justin and Spanky

 The Flathead at Shaffer Meadows

 Camp 2

 Spanky having a blast

No comments: