Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Remembering a Friend

Today I woke to heavy thoughts of life and death. It has been exactly one year since my friend Chris Spurgeon died skiing Lolo Peak. I've thought of this day for along time. What should I do in memory of Chris? I always thought I should head back to the peak and ski the line he died on, but now that this day has come, it just doesn't feel right for me to return. Friends are on their way up there now, but I feel it would be better for me to loose myself in my memories of Chris while I'm alone. Regardless of what I do today, I'm going to bliss out on life, which is exactly how Spurgeon liked to live.

Yesterday Dustin, Jeff, and I cranked away building harnesses while it rained outside. Eventually we reached our breaking point and went for and evening walk around blue mountain. The skies opened up allowing for a spectacular sunset and we all relaxed soaking in the beauty of our surroundings.


Lolo Peak


No comments: